Friday, July 1, 2011

Dixieland & The Sam Davis Youth Camp

Rapunzel
=========

Zhivago
==============


Back porch.
============

Cross in the field to the left marks the field hand graveyard.
=====================================================



How do you like to go up in a swing,
Up in the air so blue?
Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
Ever a child can do!

Up in the air and over the wall,
Till I can see so wide,
River and trees and cattle and all
Over the countryside--

Till I look down on the garden green,
Down on the roof so brown--
Up in the air I go flying again,
Up in the air and down!
=====================


Downtown Tarboro
===================

The Filling Station.
==================

Best country food I've ever eaten.
===============================

Sam Davis Youth Camp, Woodmen of the World Center, Thaxton, Virginia
====================================









One small Virginia Reel. At The Citadel

Hunley Ball 2004,
we had three going at once. It was truly like stepping back in time.
===============



Elvis has entered the building.
=======================








It must have been funny, because she fell out of her chair laughing and continued upon the floor!
===============


One of the paid counselors who was from

Warrenton, VA!
=====================






7 comments:

  1. I am sure that "paid counselor" got alot of attention and plenty of unspoken warnings...

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dixie is a true belle. Good job Pops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure that "paid counselor" got alot of attention and plenty of unspoken warnings...

    LOL
    =======
    Heh! Reminds me of being at a car rental at the Raleigh airport last month when a clerk told me I should get a gun and I replied that Dixie had two and I had six. He looked shocked, but it's not the Raleigh of old, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dixie is a true belle. Good job Pops!
    ======
    Thanks, Tareece. I'm sure your baby is beautiful. When are you coming to the beach?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures of DIXIELAND and the Sam Davis Youth Camp. Dixie is a true Southern Belle!

    Cousin John

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the pics Brock.The girl just keeps becoming more of a lady, I can't believe I have watched her grow up before my eyes.man we are gettin' old lol
    T

    ReplyDelete
  7. man we are gettin' old lol

    And I don't like it one bit!

    ReplyDelete