Thursday, January 17, 2013

47 states revolt against Obama gun control

Via Billy

usa

Thousands of gun owners across America have had enough of the Obama administration’s attack on the Second Amendment – and they’re preparing to take their concerns to the capitols in at least 47 states this Saturday at 12 p.m.

Texan Eric Reed, founder and national  coordinator of the “Guns Across America” rallies, told WND he’s irritated about all the talk of new gun-control regulations and overreach by the federal government in violation of our Second Amendment rights.

“I was trying to figure out why people weren’t being more proactive about this, Reed said. “Then I realized I’m part of the problem. It takes somebody to stand up and say, ‘Hey, we’re not going to accept this. We’re against it.’

“We want Americans who feel the same way to come out. We want to stand up, be united and get our point across.”

 
More @ WND

2 comments:

  1. If I could walk I'd be at the Colorado capitol Saturday. I'll be there in spirit. 47 states. Wow. As Sherlock would say, "The game's afoot."

    Do you think they'd burn my house if I put out a yard sign? Maybe one suggested 40 years ago which would paraphrase some graffiti I saw on the back of a jacket worn by an obvious runway model in a high-priced lounge in Newport Beach, CA in 1973. "Now I think about it, impeachment is too good for the (gun grabber.)" The original involved Archibald Cox, Special Watergate Prosecutor (and the Prez who fired him in the "Saturday Night Massacre" in 1973 just after I had eaten at a table adjacent to Cox's in El Tio Pepe restaurant in Georgetown and a few months after my own experience at the Watergate Hotel,) RM Nixon, brother of my NC State College roommate, Ed Nixon, the first Republican I ever knew,although he wasn't all that high on his brother who was only the Veep in 1953, when we roomed together. In 1973 RMN was AKA "the Cox Sacker". It was probably the second greatest graffiti I ever read, next to another in the same California lounge's men's bathroom. O.K., for those who still have a sense of humor, I'll paraphrase it too. Here goes, "(The real) Jesus is coming soon, and is he pissed."

    Feel free to use these, without my name on bumper stickers and yard signs. If Brock deletes this, I will understand. I can't remember what I had for lunch but I can remember stuff I read 40 years ago after eight Beefeater martinis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember what I had for lunch but I can remember stuff I read 40 years ago after eight Beefeater martinis.

      Priceless! Great post.

      Delete