Monday, January 28, 2013

Nunc Pro Tunc: The Coming Day of Burn Barrels and Blessings

Via midnightrider

 

This is a standing invitation to my fellow Americans: If congress ever enacts a law mandating the registration and/or a production ban of detachable magazine semiautomatic rifles then you are hereby invited to the town square of your local community. There, burn barrels will be set up and we will publicly burn Form 4473s, FFL Bound Books, state and local registration records, and the sales receipts for every firearm in the United States. On that same day, FFL holders and public officials holding electronic firearms records will simultaneously erase those records, permanently and irretrievably. (Using special file erasure software such as Blancco, X-Ways, and Stellar Wipe, or though the physical destruction of disk drives.)

Spontaneous Gatherings, Spontaneous Combustion

This burn barrel day--likely to be held the day after the President signs any new draconian legislation--will include speeches, public prayers, and the blessing of those who have gathered by ministers, rabbis, and priests.

The core of the activities on that day will be stalwart public defiance of any new unconstitutional law(s), the open and notorious destruction of records that might be used to enslave us, and vocal public affirmations of solidarity of free men and women, in the face of tyranny. This will be a defining moment for America--a line drawn in the sand. We will forthrightly declare that we will not obey any unconstitutional law and that we will treat it dismissively, as if it had never been enacted -- nunc pro tunc. We will pledge ourselves to the defense of liberty, both individually and collectively. We will vow that if ever called to jury duty, we will nullify any unconstitutional laws, vacating the charges against the accused, in accordance with our long-standing right as jurors. (See: www.FIJA.org.)

The Law is On Our Side

We will publicly re-affirm some long standing precepts of American jurisprudence, to wit:
"The General rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of it's enactment and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it. An unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed.
Such a statute leaves the question that it purports to settle just as it would be had the statute not been enacted.
Since an unconstitutional law is void, the general principles follow that it imposes no duties, confers no rights, creates no office, bestows no power or authority on anyone, affords no protection, and justifies no acts performed under it...
A void act cannot be legally consistent with a valid one. An unconstitutional law cannot operate to supersede any existing valid law. Indeed, insofar as a statute runs counter to the fundamental law of the lend, it is superseded thereby.
No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it." - 16 Am Jur 2d, Sec 177 late 2d, Sec 256
Never Again!
 
Recognizing the many sad lessons of civilian disarmament and subsequent genocides in the 20th Century, we will make bold and forthright statement: Never Again! We will not submit to the unlawful decrees of tyrants. We will not meekly go their jails and internment camps. We will fight for our liberty, to our dying breath.

Come Armed, Come Masked

I recommend that all adults who publicly assemble at these burn barrel events do so armed, as is our right. And those who come armed should also wear masks, to protect themselves from malicious prosecution. I plan to wear a Guy Fawkes mask, but you can wear a bandana, face muffler, or the face mask of your choice. Joining you, also wearing masks, will be many mayors, sheriffs and their deputies, chiefs of police and their officers, town council members, clergy, and people of all walks of life. We vastly outnumber the tyrants. The tyrants deserve nothing but our scorn and derision. Their fate is already sealed.

Plausible Denial

After this fateful day has come and gone, FFL holders and public officials will be able to recount: "I had no choice. My records were taken by men with guns who were wearing masks!" (So they'll have no excuse if they don't cooperate with this nationwide display of civil disobedience.)

God Bless The Republic. Down with Tyrants. We Will Prevail!

- James Wesley, Rawles - January 28, 2013
Note: Permission to reprint or re-post this piece in full by any method (printed or electronically) is granted by the author (James Wesley, Rawles), as a long as it is not altered in any way and it is reproduced in full.

18 comments:

  1. I'll bring the marshmallows. And maybe a few cases of tea....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The FFL that doesn't cooperate...is he a problem?...is he working for free for the Fed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being out west JWR doesn't have archaic laws to contend with;

    ZEBULON, N.C. - A North Carolina man faces charges of wearing a mask or hood in public after police arrested him on Halloween night and charged him under a rarely used old law designed to combat the Ku Klux Klan. (Rarely used my ass, once is too much)
    The News & Observer of Raleigh reports that 20-year-old Lawrence Marqueal Rogers was cited for wearing a red bandanna that police say concealed everything but his eyes. He was then arrested when he donned the garment again. The Zebulon man was being held Monday in the Wake County jail on a $7,500 bond.
    The University of North Carolina School of Law says the 1953 ban on people 16 or older wearing masks or hoods was adopted to curtail the activities of the Ku Klux Klan, whose members wore distinctive pointed hoods to conceal their identities. At least 17 other states have similar laws.

    Then we have the second most abused gun law in NC, "Going Armed to the Terror of the People" with 340 cases filed in 2011 statewide.
    They could get that number at just one of our demonstrations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Going Armed to the Terror of the People"

      That needs to be repealed.

      Delete
    2. Sunday Rawles published "Jim's Quote of the Day." This is extracted from it. If I ever can get back to that ridge in Enola, NC, I will lay flowers on the grave of my g-g-grandfatherJames Madison Smith in honor of the giant for whom he was named. From Federalist Paper 46.

      "Let a regular army, fully equal to the resources of the country, be formed; and let it be entirely at the devotion of the federal government; still it would not be going too far to say, that the State governments, with the people on their side, would be able to repel the danger. The highest number to which, according to the best computation, a standing army can be carried in any country, does not exceed one hundredth part of the whole number of souls; or one twenty-fifth part of the number able to bear arms. This proportion would not yield, in the United States, an army of more than twenty-five or thirty thousand men. To these would be opposed a militia amounting to near half a million of citizens with arms in their hands, officered by men chosen from among themselves, fighting for their common liberties, and united and conducted by governments possessing their affections and confidence. It may well be doubted, whether a militia thus circumstanced could ever be conquered by such a proportion of regular troops. Those who are best acquainted with the last successful resistance of this country against the British arms, will be most inclined to deny the possibility of it. Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of. Notwithstanding the military establishments in the several kingdoms of Europe, which are carried as far as the public resources will bear, the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." - James Madison, The Federalist No. 46"

      Inspiring, no?

      Delete
  4. I read this in a hurry earlier today and missed the author's name. Rawles may have written something that I haven't read, but I doubt it. I bought his two survival books and the DVD archives of his articles and have shared all of it with my family and prepper friends. Next time I drive to Washington State (or am driven) I hope to go thru Lewiston, ID and west through the Palouse area of the Washington/Idaho line. There are some seriously individualistic people up there. They remind me of my relatives in Madison County and Haywood County, NC. I have been visiting museums for some years now to study the great Lake Missoula ice-age floods that created the Washington/Oregon scablands. I'd have to vote for that area as a prime place to take a stand.

    As God is my witness, I have previously told friends that, in my honest opinion, America has two great men printing the truth daily and that I hope they get large followings and, as Jeff Cooper said, not survive, but thrive. Their names are Rawles and Townsend and I have read enough of both to defend my assertion against all comers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter Townsend of Princess Margaret fame?

      Delete
    2. Is he your relative? I didn't know he was still alive. Right on. Nah, he died in 1995 at 81 years and would be 100 next year. Interesting chap with a an interesting life. I never knew he was such a war hero 'till now.

      Delete
    3. If you do make it up here Mr. Smith, I hope you will stop for a visit with me.
      Miss Violet

      Delete
    4. I'm supposed to be at Lava Hot Springs ID this weekend to the 26th annual meeting of a group I formed in 1987, but my family won't let me drive by myself and none will take me. I'm thinking seriously about getting a new family, except if I were in LHS this weekend I would drive on to see the grandkids in Wenatchee WA. There are three routes across Idaho, up thru Idaho Falls on the East Side, up thru Lewiston on the West, and across Oregon to Pendleton on the Southwest Side. I have run all of them and consider them equally outrageously beautiful. But, if God wills, and the heavy snow doesn't fall, I believe a miracle will happen. I will holler at you, Ma'am. Thank you.

      Delete
    5. I'm thinking seriously about getting a new family,

      I get many a smile from you my dear man.:)

      Delete
  5. The ink was barely dry on my comment until tall son Vern called and told me he would fly from Wenatchee to Denver on Thursday and drive me to the 108 deg. F. healing waters of Lava Hot Springs Idaho, for the 26th annual meeting of CCNWTR (Conscious Contact in Water-it's an AA thing, story available on request). Vern is a miracle-maker. Wonder where he got that?

    We are reserved Friday and Saturday in the Castilian Dynasty Room of the Lion's Gate Manor. That town has seen some serious growth since we first went there.

    I need Miss Violet's web-page address if you could furnish it.

    For years I have said that someone should follow me around with a video camera. This morning my wife took me to my doctor. I was fasting for a blood draw which happened at noon. A new tech, Julie, was there, a looker, with a personality to die for. She saw me at first and said, "Have you ever heard the song that goes, it's hard living in a six-foot world when you're ten feet tall?" I told her I had not but that she was making up for all the pain I had suffered in that little cubicle for years. I just looked at the web-page for the Lion's Gate Manor, where we'll be staying, and it says the ceilings are 10 feet high. God likes me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good! Miss V doesn't use her site anymore, but I imagine she will respond in a comment here, if not, I'll send her an email.

      Delete
  6. Synchronicity is when the Universe says the same thing to you twice with little time lapse between them. Today, I received one of my many "Messages from the Universe." I take them seriously.

    It's hard to get around in a six foot town
    When you're ten feet tall everything is so small
    I'm always bumping my head
    I'm way too long for the bed
    It's hard to get around
    In a six foot town
    Big and Rich

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Have you ever heard the song that goes, it's hard living in a six-foot world when you're ten feet tall?"

      I couldn't place it in your first comment, so thanks!

      Delete