Thursday, June 25, 2015

Guest Post: SCOTUS, Obamacare, and the Stars-and-Bars

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/5310464_f520.jpg

I am an American.  Some of my roots go back to the Revolution, where I recently documented my ties to a soldier who crossed the Delaware with Washington.  I know that if I go back further than that, and if family lore is correct, I have an ancestor who came over on the Mayflower.

I am a Patriot.  I love this country, I revere the Constitution and its principles that The People reign supreme.  And I view this country as THE exceptional country sprouting from an exceptional, almost aberrational departure, from the majority of human history: the Anglosphere.

I am also a Jew.  Some of my family met their end in Hitler’s “Final Solution”, including my great uncle Haim, his wife, and teenage son – all of whom were murdered in Auschwitz.

Firmly believing in NEVER AGAIN! I take a keen interest in what’s going on, both in terms of Jews, Israel, and the world.

So I am scared now.  Very scared.

With the just-enacted Supreme Court decision about Obamacare, which Justice Scalia now scornfully calls SCOTUScare, we have seen the death of the Rule of Law.

When word meanings are flipped, folded, twisted, mutilated, and distorted to mean the exact opposite of what they clearly say – as we’re recently found out from interviews with Gruber, the architect of the law – there is no law.  There is only what people with guns say the law is.

A bit of history, as I recall my past readings: legal language, as indecipherable as it may seem at times, was IIRC originated to be precise.  It was meant to be used to prevent the King from saying “Well for so-and-so, my friend, the law means this – but for my enemies, the law means that.”  Yet we are heading back to where the law means whatever the King says it means.

On top of this, we have the war on the Stars and Bars.  And coming soon, the war on the Stars and Stripes.  We already have a war on the white race*, and on American culture and exceptionalism.  This is a concerted effort to delegitimize the humanity and beliefs of the prime resistance to the Left in this country:  the South, and many White Americans (though by no means are Conservatives limited to whites – Lloyd Marcus who writes for the American Thinker is a fellow patriot, and black, whom I read and like... and my respect for Walter Williams and Thomas Sowell, both black men, is hard to beat).

Arbitrary law and delegitimized peoples are a recipe for disaster.  Time and again throughout history, we have seen this.  It is a short, short step from delegitimizing a person’s views, to dehumanizing the person entirely.  Within living memory we have seen what happens when this occurs, especially in an environment where the law means whatever they powers-that-be want it to mean.

When the future is written, assuming it is written by honest people, they will say to haul out “The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire” – just replace “Rome” with “America” and you’ll be close enough.

Forgive us, Benjamin Franklin.  We’ve failed to keep it.

* I say “White” not as a racial supremacist, but merely to be accurate.  And I say this as a white man married to a non-white woman.  Race holds no meaning for me per se, as I go by the dictum to judge a person by the content of their character, not the color of their skin.  It used to be this was a noble sentiment; now, it seems, to quote Martin Luther King’s praiseworthy hope is now considered prima facia evidence of racism.  How far, truly how far, we’ve fallen.

--David

4 comments:

  1. http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/25/worse-than-obamacare-housing-case-lets-feds-target-unconscious-racism/



    It gets worse

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not recommending CNN as a
    network of journalism and information,
    however I am watching their documentary
    series "The Seventies" and tonight's
    episode is "Peace with Honor" which
    covers the Vietnam War and it's end.
    I am alternating between being hypnotized
    and crying my eyes out.
    I am blood bonded and heart broken watching
    and feeling numerous similarities
    of that war and my experiences in
    Iraq and Afghanistan mingling as one.
    Without question, the pain is compounded by
    the program, as Vietnam was my Dad and Uncle's
    war, and my Dad's brother was the Uncle who died
    there after being extended in the field for another
    two weeks waiting for an overdue medic replacement.
    That Uncle volunteered to stay and wait.
    I choose to serve as a medic to honor him, my Dad
    and my Uncle's.
    Sitting here angry and crying, while the Republic
    dies around me, without a single fight or
    shot beingbfired.
    How's your night going Patriots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. crying my eyes out.

      Don't feel pregnant, as we used to say in military school, :) most every time I open one of my ARVN or related sites brings that on also. I have many at the top of my computer just waiting to be clicked and when I do the depression sets in and I seldom have the courage, I bought The Last Days of Vietnam, but haven't had the guts to see it yet. I have many stories on NamSouth which I imagine you have seen. Thanks.

      ============

      the Uncle who died there after being extended in the field for another two weeks waiting for an overdue medic replacement.

      What a bitch. Reminds me of a line in The Conquered Banner.

      "And ’twill live in song and story, though its folds are in the dust."

      Delete