Sunday, August 30, 2015

Man proposes to his boyfriend in Texas Methodist Church, Receives standing ovation from the congregation

Via Cousin John

Man proposes to his boyfriend in Texas Methodist Church, Receives standing ovation from the congregation

A Texas man gave his boyfriend a proposal to remember when he got down on one knee in front of the entire congregation at their local Methodist Church – receiving a standing ovation in the process. Trevor Harper, 36, and Davis Covin, 30, who live in Austin, have been dating since 2006 and have been proud and active members of the First United Methodist Church of Austin for the past two years. Mr Harper said the support they have received has been a huge blessing to their relationship, especially as a gay couple in Texas. ‘That church has been, for us, really the first time we have really been able to live out loud as a couple,’ he told BuzzFeed News. So when Mr Harper decided he wanted to propose, he knew he wanted to do it in front of their church family.

More with video @ ETH

11 comments:

  1. I grew up in a VERY active Methodist family, and if Mama and Daddy, Grammaw and Grampaw, Uncle Sidney and Aunt Ellen were all alive today, I wonder what they'd say?

    We diligently attended all services at our local Methodist church every Sunday, plus having family devotionals every night.

    Cousin Bobby became a Methodist minister, and is now retired.

    I was active in Methodist Youth Fellowship.

    Austin, Texas?

    Gosh, gee whillikers, but things have sure changed!

    As for myself, when I was twenty-one, I converted to The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints (i.e., the "Mormon" church).

    My sisters just simply stopped going to church.

    I'm the only one left who is still active in a religious organization.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we know that church doesn't follow Gods teachings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just want to be liked and are scared to death of being called a racist. :)

      Delete
  3. Did I just hear John Wesley spinning in his grave?

    ReplyDelete
  4. God will not be mocked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a history similar to Johns. My folks have passed away and none of us kids attends the Methodist Church any longer. My sister goes to a Catholic church and my brother to a Lutheran church. I just quit going after returning from VN as so many in the church were anti soldier including the pastors. I have come to view most Protestant churches as heretic branches of Christianity and a good many Catholic clergy as equally heretical. Saving souls is the last thing most churches seem to be interested in this day and age....they are nothing but pc sjw's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quit the Episcopal church during the Vietnam war.

      Delete
  6. Good grief. How repulsive.

    ReplyDelete