Thursday, August 26, 2010

Foreign Aid

Dear Mr. Townsend:

Thank you for contacting me regarding your opposition to foreign aid. I value hearing from you on this matter and appreciate the opportunity to respond.

You will be pleased to know that I am opposed to spending taxpayer dollars on aid to foreign countries. Our taxes should be spent on maintaining and improving our domestic issues and programs. For many years our government operated beyond our means while accumulating a $5,369.7 billion federal debt and a $290,402 million budget deficit. In this time of economic strife, I believe that lending more foreign aid would be detrimental to our country's already fragile financial state. Further, we need to take care of our own people before we continue to hand out more borrowed money to other countries.

I will keep your thoughts in mind when legislation concerning foreign aid is brought to the House floor. Rest assured that I do not support foreign aid and will continue to vote "no" on foreign appropriation legislation as I have consistently done in the past.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write on this important issue. If I may be of further assistance, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Walter B. Jones
Member of Congress

No comments:

Post a Comment