Wednesday, March 9, 2011

For My Mother

We had a large, circular driveway in Marshall, Virginia which was encompassed by Daffodils in the springtime. A beautiful sight to behold.

=============================================================

Daffodils


1804

I WANDER'D lonely as a cloud

That floats on high o'er vales and hills,

When all at once I saw a crowd,

A host, of golden daffodils;


Beside the lake, beneath the trees,

Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine

And twinkle on the Milky Way,

They stretch'd in never-ending line

Along the margin of a bay:


Ten thousand saw I at a glance,

Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they

Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:

A poet could not but be gay,

In such a jocund company:

I gazed -- and gazed -- but little thought

What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie

In vacant or in pensive mood,

They flash upon that inward eye

Which is the bliss of solitude;


And then my heart with pleasure fills,

And dances with the daffodils.

William Wordsworth 1770-1850

2 comments:

  1. White ones line the roads here in Louisiana.
    But you win with the flowers. ;-)
    Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been through your state camping and is was a beautiful.

    ReplyDelete