Monday, May 16, 2011

Thomas Paine wishes to have a word with you

Via Coordinated Illumination

[ ol remus sends a picture, and instructions to use it ]





















“It is the responsibility of the patriot to protect his country from its government.”
- Thomas Paine

“Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.”
– Thomas Paine: The American Crisis, No. 4,1777

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace.”
– Thomas Paine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.”
- Thomas Paine

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
- Thomas Paine

“What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly.”
- Thomas Paine

“When my country, into which I had just set my foot, was set on fire about my ears, it was time to stir. It was time for every man to stir.”
- Thomas Paine, Common Sense

No comments:

Post a Comment