Friday, June 10, 2011

Homeschoolers Hate Us For Our Public Schools

Via California Tree of Liberty

View Image

Verbatim post

I remain consistent in my condemnation of public schools as the infection point for our zombie society that consists of malleable, non-thinking drones who are held captive by perpetual entertainment needs, sound bites, politically-correct patter, endless pursuits of self-esteem, and a yearning to be accepted by the crowd. Being just like everyone else has become the new “individualism.” Perhaps Young Person A has a nose ring, frosted tips, and ankle tattoo, as compared to Young Person B’s eyebrow jewelry and biceps chain tattoo, but each individual’s frenzied attempt at individualizing himself ends up in a laughable, collective failure.

So many young people, who have been held captive by the public penal institutions for America’s youth, are turned from happy-go-lucky, lovely children into obnoxious, brooding, angst-filled, bored, young individuals who apparently have more critical issues and unmanageable problems by age eighteen than I have had in my almost half-century of life. Willpower and resilience are lost traits – folks now call the psychologist, publicly broadcast their deepest feelings to the world (online, or on the back windows of their car), blame society/racism/sexism, diagnose bad days as some ungovernable disorder, take a pill, and claim they are depressed/bipolar/obsessive-compulsive and whatever else fits into the it’s-not-my-fault, self-acquittal program.

No homeschooled child/person that I have ever known/met (and that is many) has ever functioned in such an unfortunate manner. They read books, use their imagination, play piano, speak foreign languages, win spelling and geography bees, go to college at age 15, make eye contact and hold conversations with adults, and generally, they are superior young adults who live exceptional lives.

Now here’s a wonderful interview with a homeschooling Mom, Molly Balint, who says:

I also homeschool because I love having the freedom to craft and design my children’s learning. I’m able to guide them in the direction of experience and knowledge that we, as a family, feel is important. There are countless things I want my children to know that aren’t covered in most standard school curricula. I like having the flexibility to explore new discoveries and capitalize on their curiosities.

…I feel like I’ve got great kids. I’m proud of them. I love the way they communicate with each other, with other adults, with their peers. I’m proud of who they are becoming and I’d like to think that homeschooling has something to do with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment