Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Call for Attorneys: The Law and BadEagle.com

LINK

VERBATIM POST
===========================

BadEagle.com has enemies. The proprietor, Dr. David A. Yeagley, has earned a good deal of opposition. Some of it is independent malice from individuals; some of it is inevitable cooperation of the internet itself, and the corporate entities operating there in. (I wouldn’t want to flatter myself that I have drawn so grand and awesome opposition because I was so very important that I must be opposed so magnificently.)

I am an American Indian, a member of the Comanche Nation. I happen to be an American patriot. This seems untenable, unacceptable, and intolerable to my opponents. To undo my “influence,” their basic manoeuver has been simply to claim that I am not Indian. They have used the internet quite effectively to this end, and they have used newspapers. They have also used a university press and a hard copy book published thereby.


Dr. David A. Yeagley, Comanche. Photo
by SKY, 2008.

The only reasonable thing for me to do was to file a suit against them. There were a variety of torts, but the focus became libel. I began to search for an attorney. My main problem, of course, was the fact that I did not have any resources, financial or otherwise. In the state of Oklahoma, I searched for an attorney for nearly two years. I managed to get a few “legal” letters written (at enormous cost) before any filing occurred. But I was unable to find anyone to commit. I searched also at a national level for an attorney willing to take such a case. Pro bono was probably the chief inhibition, to say nothing of the fact that Oklahoma attorneys are not particularly versed in libel, nor were there any willing to take on such corporations as Los Angeles Times, Google, Amazon.com, or the University of Nebraska.

It took nearly two years, but I finally found an attorney, who, for a retainer, would take the case. His name: Edward F. Saheb, and Iranian American with an office in Norman, Oklahoma. He was recommended to me by a very dear friend of mine, also Iranian American. Mr. Saheb had the nerve, the chutzpah, and the sense of initiative. I borrowed the money for a retainer, and the suit was filed November 4, 2009.

Since then, there have been a number of case manoeuvers and the progress has obviously been very slow. But the manoeuvers will continue, certainly. Two default judgments have been granted in our favor, but we are not yet certain of the terms and damages yet.

What we need is more manpower, basically. To sue a corporation that is able to buy the best defense attorneys available is an overwhelming assignment for one man, Mr. Saheb. The amount of research required, case law studied, and responses drawn up, is beyond intimidating. Although the libel against me was started apparently by individuals, it came to involved major corporations in support. We must be able to meet the challenges of the corporations as well as the individuals.

For instance, one Al Carroll started out by using my personal name for his “hate” site against me: DavidYeagley.org. He published his libel there. Eventually, he got his libel against me published in a hard copy book. The University of Nebraska released it in 2008. There is obviously a big difference between suing Al Carroll and suing the University of Nebraska.

By now, Google is featuring Al Carroll’s site at the top of the listings under “David Yeagley,” whether on the Google blog search, or the Google general search. Again, there is a big difference between suing Al Carroll and suing Google, Inc.

In the recent past (January, 2009), BadEagle.com has appealed for financial support of this case. It may be a better approach now to appeal for legal support in terms of manpower, or personnel, as in paralegals, and especially other attorneys.

This case is really of national, historical import. It has to do with the dignity and honor of being American Indian; with free speech; with trademarked names; with libel and malice; with tortious interference with contract; and even with identity theft. It has to do with the integrity of one man and the combined forces of a cadre of opponents and massive corporations in apparently intentional cooperation against me. An American Indian who is identified a conservative, Republican, American patriot, will not be allowed, so they intend. The powers that be are set to destroy him. This appears to be the situation.

As an American Indian, of course, I can easily demonstrate my identity, directly back to my ancestor, Bad Eagle (quin-ne kish-su-it), 1839-1909. Our family has all the records. I am willing to sacrifice means, to go to court, and to “prove” who I am. (Unlike the current president of the United States, who is willing to pay abundant means to “hide” who he is, to avoid any legal requirements,) I am proud of who I am, and am willing to demonstrate it. No, I never dreamed there could be such a question, or than anyone would have such an exotic notion as to deny my identity; yet, it seems the burden is on me to prove who I am. My opponents say I am not who I am. I say they should have to prove that. But, all they needed to to is to claim, in public, that I wasn’t. They didn’t sue me. But, I have to sue them.

The stigma of court will never die. The fact that I and my family was accused will never change. But, the very least I can hope for is public, legal justification. Therefore, I sued them.

At this point, I am anticipating an overwhelming task of taking on the corporations. When the case is passed the initial manoeuvers, the weight of responsibility will be inundating. We need the participation of other attorneys or legal aids, not just financial support.

Therefore, BadEagle.com appeals to all and any attorneys who are willing to offer time and effort to this prosecution. There are serious challenges to American values, and it will take great effort to defend the basic dignity of personhood and its inalienable rights.

If any firm or individual attorney is interested in our case, please contact me through this site. There will be major actions before this coming November, 2011. We need to be prepared.

Thank you for your consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment