Sunday, August 7, 2011

HTTPS Everywhere. Firefox extension that encrypts your communications with a number of major websites.

I just had a report that one individual had a problem with this, so fair warning.
========================================================

Via COPBLOCK

HTTPS Everywhere 1.0 has been released, and the project is out of beta. Version 1.0 includes support for over 1,000 new sites, a better UI, and performance improvements. Click here to install it!

HTTPS Everywhere is a Firefox extension produced as a collaboration between The Tor Project and the Electronic Frontier Foundation. It encrypts your communications with a number of major websites.

Many sites on the web offer some limited support for encryption over HTTPS, but make it difficult to use. For instance, they may default to unencrypted HTTP, or fill encrypted pages with links that go back to the unencrypted site.

The HTTPS Everywhere extension fixes these problems by rewriting all requests to these sites to HTTPS. Firefox users can get it by clicking here:

5 comments:

  1. OT... Hi Brock.. do me a favor and take a read of my recent post. " Whoa..back the truck up" let me know your thoughts...

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I just want to make sure i ain't nuts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brock:

    I downloaded and installed the TOR browser and the TOR button for my Mozilla Firefox browser, but - - - ?

    TOR does not work at all with the Internet Explorer browser, but with Internet Explorer, I can still see almost everything I want to see, as long as the link doesn't require a TOR connection.

    TOR does work with my Mozilla Firefox browser, but when I went to the ARCTIC PATRIOT web site, all I got was a blank page, and I couldn't see the links he was recommending.

    When I used just the TOR browser, it wouldn't start because Vidalia couldn't find it.

    I still haven't figured out how to get Vidalia to locate my TOR browser.

    I'm not sure what Vidalia is.

    I did click on the link you provided for "HTTPS", but I didn't see anything change on my computer.

    Thank you.

    John Robert Mallernee
    Armed Forces Retirement Home
    Gulfport, Mississippi 39507

    ReplyDelete