Saturday, August 13, 2011

Iowa Straw Poll: Bachmann 28.55 % Paul 27.65 %

Via Conservative Heritage Times


Rep. Michele Bachmann wins the 2011 Iowa Straw Poll with 28.55 percent of the vote, with Rep. Ron Paul following in second place with 27.65 percent and former Minn. Gov. Tim Pawlenty finishing third with 13.57 percent.

Rep. Michele Bachmann won the Iowa Straw Poll Saturday, affirming her status as a top-tier candidate in the Republican race to challenge President Obama in 2012.

Texas Rep. Ron Paul came in second, followed by former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty in third.

The political festival is the first indication of how these Republicans are faring with the GOP base. Nine candidates were on the ballot, and voting ran six hours for the day on the campus of Iowa State University.

MORE

2 comments:

  1. In 08, I said "I love my country more than I hate John McStain."

    I'll vote for another Republitard *ONLY* I if (s)he is a REAL conservative.

    Give me Mitt-for-brains and I WILL vote for Dear Reader - because it's clear to me that it will take a miracle to save us at this point, that only a TRUE conservative has a shot at producing such a miracle and absent a true conservative we're better of just getting the inevitable done and over-with.

    Paul has some quirks, but he'd make a better POTUS than anyone since... Well... Reagan, AT LEAST - IF ONLY BECAUSE he'd use his veto-pen like he promised.

    He said years ago he's veto any bill lacking a clear Constitutional justification.

    That would be a good start, otherwise let's just go on and get the inevitable behind us!

    ReplyDelete