Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Household Of Four Making Minimum Wage Has More Disposable Income Than Family Making $60K

Tonight's stunning financial piece de resistance comes from Wyatt Emerich of The Cleveland Current. In what is sure to inspire some serious ire among all those who once believed Ronald Reagan that it was the USSR that was the "Evil Empire", Emmerich analyzes disposable income and economic benefits among several key income classes and comes to the stunning (and verifiable) conclusion that "a one-parent family of three making $14,500 a year (minimum wage) has more disposable income than a family making $60,000 a year."

And that excludes benefits from Supplemental Security Income disability checks. America is now a country which punishes those middle-class people who not only try to work hard, but avoid scamming the system. Not surprisingly, it is not only the richest and most audacious thieves that prosper - it is also the penny scammers at the very bottom of the economic ladder that rip off the middle class each and every day, courtesy of the world's most generous entitlement system. Perhaps if Reagan were alive today, he would wish to modify the object of his once legendary remark.

From Emmerich:

MORE

4 comments:

  1. When I was fighting for custody of my girls, we both had to file full financial statements.

    It was plain that she was doing better on welfare (food stamps, section-8 house, etc) than I was on my $75k job!

    Of course, punitive-level "child support" (of which not one penny went to the kids - the state kept it all for "reimbursement" of the welfare she was drawing) was part of it, but still...

    Better yet, despite the "child support" I had the kids every single weekend then, and was feeding them *MORE* meals than she was, and still had to have a 3-br place so I COULD have them on the weekends - yet SHE got the food stamps, the "head-of-household" etc...

    I was taxed as a single man on my total income - with both taxes and CS judged on my GROSS - and she paid no taxes on ANY of what she was given or (later) took from ME.

    Our system is *INSANE*!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There WAS one bright spot though...

    One year that she had ZERO taxable income, I wrote asking to claim deduction for kids. She wrote back saying her then-live-in BF was claiming them "since he provides most of their support."

    Just days earlier, she'd filed papers and testified under oath that he was NOT her BF, that he was her LANDLORD and that he didn't live with her or give her ANY money, not even a discount on rent.

    I claimed the kids, and both me and the BF got audited since we'd both claimed the same kids. I gave the auditor certified copies of her court filings and testimony-transcripts. The IRS slammed him pretty hard and I walked.

    Then we went back to court, where I produced her letter and the IRS papers showing their TRUE relationship - Hizzonner smacked her down even harder for her serial perjury, filing falsified documents, etc...

    Two-for-one is a pretty damn good day - even under such sickening circumstances...

    ;o)

    Happy, happy memories! (LOL)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - I forgot...

    Also sent copies of letter/tax-papers to Social-services, whom she'd also been defrauding... I don't know what ever happened with that but I'm sure it wasn't good for HER... ;o)

    The Good-Book says "Be sure your sins will find you out!"

    ReplyDelete