Thursday, March 15, 2012

Oldest Living Couple on Earth Gives Great Relationship Advice

Roundabout via Carl

Meet Herbert and Zelmyra Fisher of North Carolina. They have been married 85 years (86 in May) and hold the Guinness World Record for the longest marriage of a living couple and get this…. Zelmyra is 101 years old and Herbert is 104.

The happily married couple teamed up with twitter this Valentine’s Day to answer some relationship questions. Check out their take on finding love, getting through hard times and more. Good read.

More @ Eva Santiago

2 comments:

  1. Brock:

    What an inspiring story!

    I was all set to post this at my web site, and had thoroughly researched the Internet, finding the original source, providing automatic Internet links to everything, and posting the complete text of their interview (which was conducted on Valentine's Day in 2010, along with two (02) photographs.

    However, I wanted to know if they are still living, and tragically, after much searching, I found that one of them (not identified) has passed on.

    Thus, according to the WIKIPAEDIA web site, the current longest married couple in the World are Karam and Kartari Chand, who reside in Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom.

    Shucks, I really wish I could have posted that.

    You should have seen what the finished product looked like!

    I put a great deal of work into composing and editing it, but now, I can't use it.

    Thank you.

    John Robert Mallernee
    Armed Forces Retirement Home
    Gulfport, Mississippi 39507

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure you can! Just note that one has passed away. The story will be more than appreciated, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete