Friday, May 25, 2012

Kentucky makes bass fishing a high school sport, second state to do so

Forget the xbox and grab the tackle box!

Starting next April, anglers will be able to participate in the official sport of bass fishing. The current competitive format would have two student-anglers fish from a boat that’s driven by an adult. The best five fish for each team member would be added up to determine a winner based on total weight.

Of course they will release all fish as in the professional bass fishing circuits.

“It’s one of those programs that initially people kind of laugh about and go, ‘Oh, you’re kidding me,’” Dave Gannaway, who helped Illinois high schools get a bass fishing championship, told Cincinnati.com.

“If you build it, they will come”

More @ Wet A Worm

4 comments:

  1. Well, why not. When I was in high school in Wyoming rodeo was a high school sport. ; )
    Miss Violet

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I didn't know that, but makes perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,


    Recently I came across some great articles on your site. The other day, I was discussing (http://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.in/2012/05/kentucky-makes-bass-fishing-high-school.html ) with my colleagues and they suggested I submit an article of my own. Your site is just perfect for what I have written! Would it be ok to submit the article? It is free of charge, of course!

    Let me know what you think
    Contact me at john26anderson@gmail.com

    Regards,
    John Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know what you think

    Certainly.

    ReplyDelete