Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Anecdotal Islam

Via Gates Of Vienna


by Egghead


Anecdotal Islam is the bane of my existence as a committed counter-jihadist. Almost every time I try to warn a fellow Westerner about the clear and present danger of allowing Islam inroads into the West, said person responds with a quaint little story about a ‘nice’ Muslim that he or she knows:
  • A lady ‘journalist’ friend made a point to tell me that she had visited a local mosque during a press-related open house. She was anxious to tell me, “These are the good Muslims.” I asked her if she had inquired if their goal was to implement Sharia Law. She got angry with me and said she would. Years later, no word on that mystery.

  • A male atheist friend publicly evaluated a speech in which I properly defined the Islamic terms of hypocrisy, blasphemy, and apostasy. He announced to the group that perhaps I needed to perform more research because he did not believe that those terms meant what I said, and I should consider how a Muslim would feel if a Muslim should happen to be in the audience. He mentioned to me after my speech that one of our very nice mutual friends used to be a Muslim, and therefore he cannot believe that Muslims can believe what I explained. He omitted making the connection as to why our very nice mutual friend is now an atheist instead of a Muslim. Rather, he assigned our very nice used-to-be-Muslim friend the unwitting status of Western Muslim representative.
  • A male relative traded emails with me for a while about the nature of Islam. He felt that his youthful travel to Morocco informed his opinions of Islam and Muslims more than any current or historical evidence of its violent nature and goal of world conquest. He sincerely believed that the Moroccan Muslims were really great people. I told him that the Moroccan Muslims were only nice to him because he self-censored his Western opinions and behavior around them. I asked him to explain how the Moroccan Muslims would have reacted if he had openly worn a cross or carried a Bible in Morocco. Still waiting for that answer.

  • A female relative gleefully mentioned to me that another relative had borne two children by a Muslim man who did not believe in Islam like his parents. Of course, years later, despite now three children and a long term relationship, the ‘moderate’ Muslim man still neglects to marry our relative because his parents disapprove that she is not a Muslim. Even so, our relative permits her three young children to spend every Saturday with his parents who are bound to influence her Western children with their traditional Muslim beliefs.
I am of the firm belief that anecdotal Islam is the greatest threat to Western freedom. Almost every Westerner seems to know a ‘nice’ Muslim who precludes the possibility that Muslims practicing Islam fully intend to forcibly convert and/or murder all non-Muslims in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment