Saturday, June 23, 2012

Oh No! Don’t Drink Water From The Garden Hose

Via Survival

I'm certainly glad I've never taken this horrendous risk........



Beware of drinking from the garden hose as temperatures soar toward 100 degrees.

A new study conducted by Healthy Stuff finds drinking water from a garden hose can be dangerous to your health.

Of the 90 water hoses used in the study, all contained lead and phthalates that exceeded levels set by the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Thirty-three percent of those hoses contained lead levels higher than the guidelines set in the federal Safe Drinking Water Standard.

More @ CBS DC

8 comments:

  1. That kid was me many many years ago because you surely
    didn't track up my moms clean floor and dirty a glass for a mere drink of water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet their testing only included "new" hoses, of course those 33% are "made in China", which is notorious for their lead levels in everything. I've noticed water from new hoses tastes funny, compared to older ones, and certainly nothing compared to drinking from the hose for refreshment while growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang.... I guess I should be dead already!
    What next? (Breathing is bad for you)??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those hoses they tested- did thy flush them out first (to get the rubber taste out) or just test it after they'd been sitting in the hot sun all day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn if I know. For some reason this reminds me of one of our fields which had a spring right in the middle of it which was difficult to find, but once you did, you had to dig it out by hand and let it clear for about an hour, but then it tasted quite good.

      Delete
  5. Damn. I'm dying...:)

    Because that's all I drank from as a kid playing outside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drink some beer. Because I am going to be partying with Jesus.

    ReplyDelete