Saturday, January 12, 2013

Grassley suggests openness to gun control idea

Via Don

Grassley suggests openness to gun control idea
Figures.  Didn't get far on Gunwalker to boot.

Sen. Chuck Grassley, a conservative Republican from Iowa, suggested Friday he may be open to a limited form of gun control - restricting the size of gun magazines - if that legislation does not violate the Constitutional protection of gun rights.

"I think that's a whole different issue and it can maybe be dealt with without violating the Second Amendment, but I want to see the legislation," Grassley told Iowa Public Television in an interview Friday.

But he reaffirmed his opposition to reinstating the assault weapons ban that Congress passed in 1994.
Asked if he would support limiting the capacity of gun magazines, Grassley further qualified his remark.

"I would not say at this point because Senator [Dianne] Feinstein has said her bill is going to be much different than the law she got passed in 1994 and I think I'd better wait 'til I see the legislation," he said.

More @ CNN

5 comments:

  1. No more. Not one more INCH! Not one more gun law!

    PERIOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Chuck there is going to work with the same exact people that brought us Fast and Furious, (You know, the same folks that he forgot to actually PROSECUTE!!!) to try to restrict my rights...So much for the "conservative" republicans standing up for the rule of law. Fuck you Chuck. With all due respect of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I would not say at this point because Senator [Dianne] Feinstein has said her bill is going to be much different than the law she got passed in 1994 and I think I'd better wait 'til I see the legislation," he said.

    Before you DO say, Senator Grassley, please make sure that you have completely removed your head from your withered ass and actually read Feinstein's bill. After the ACA and the fiscal cliff debacles, I'm sure you'll agree READING the bill before VOTING on it is the better way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll agree READING the bill before VOTING on it is the better way to go.

      :)

      Delete