Thursday, January 24, 2013

RUSSIA TO WEST: We Told You Not To Overthrow Qaddafi!

Via Ryan

 libya

On Wednesday Russia blamed Western countries for creating the current turmoil in Africa by arming Libyan rebels, Timothy Heritage and Gabriela Baczynska of Reuters report

"Those whom the French and Africans are fighting now in Mali are the [same] people who ... our Western partners armed so that they would overthrow the Gaddafi regime," Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov told a news conference.

The toppling of Libyan ruler Muammar Qaddafi led to "perhaps the greatest proliferation of weapons of war from any modern conflict," Emergency Director of Human Rights Watch Peter Bouckaert told The Telegraph

Those weapons stockpiles were raided by both sides, and both sides had connections with radical militants.

6 comments:

  1. My family and friends thought me to be my usual foolish self when I was telling them we were on the wrong side in Egypt and Libya. Muslim rebels trying to bring down an elected government is not exactly an American Revolution analogue. But, damn if we don't keep arming them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family and friends thought me to be my usual foolish self when I was telling them we were on the wrong side

      I'm sure you will happily send them this.:)

      Delete
  2. I am willing to bet the Russians are right about Syria also.
    Terry
    Fla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure. I thought we were supposed to be the smart ones......

      Delete
  3. *sigh* Maxine Water's President dumped loads of weapons in the region, backed the overthrow of a stable, albeit despotic regime (personally, I'm beginning to think that a Strong Man is the only stable form of government in that part of the world), and now we're about to reap the whirlwind.

    Good job, Obama! How many of 'your' people will now be slaughtered as a direct result of your policies? Certainly your fawning fans in the American media won't ever tell us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm beginning to think that a Strong Man is the only stable form of government in that part of the world

      Agreed.

      Delete