Friday, May 24, 2013

Icarus Is Falling From the Drone-Filled Sky

 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiVHl0xX6oVW6anWOvG6dM3VatlJbs_8tzeLx0y47mqCpC1Uj0HhHZgoAJEkg1tTlYP-ejlAeUQcADQ8B3raRbiCHDdf96RDuWn7sH22nELRwNePg40QX6CFwE5lZ6J4_Da4VHw6rsldtI/s1600/icarus-c5a95.jpg

NRD’s been quiet for a while and that’s because the real-world Mr. deWitt has been very busy on the substantial professional development project mentioned earlier this spring.

That’s not the only reason NRD’s been quiet.  There are at least three others:

1) It’s embarrassing to be wrong. The precious metals markets have been whipsawed, as we all know. I have taken paper losses, enough to get my attention, as I’m sure other readers have. There is a lesson here: always ask what happens to a decision set if your analysis is wrong, or even only incomplete, or even only incorrect on timing.

2) Boston got my attention. Readers will remember the upsetting several days when it wasn’t clear who the bad guys were. NRD has been clear from day one that we’re an American Resistance that loves America and defends Americans. Especially since the Drone King got reelected, the Liberty/Patriot community is rightly angry and tensions have been running high. There is a risk that someone will do something hurtful and stupid. Preparation and defense is okay. Taking the offense isn’t indicated right now, I don’t think. Definitely, hurting civilians is NOT indicated. I have been thoughtful about the responsibility the FreeFor web circuit bears for keeping perspectives in the right place, and until I get my thoughts sorted out about that, I have been biting my tongue.

3) This is the fun part — the Regime doesn’t need to be hammered by the FreeFor Internet circuit, because they have overreached so massively, that even now their own allies in the Media Directorate are attacking them!  When your adversaries are turning on each other, it’s a good time to conserve ammunition, right? I don’t need to publish anything when the headlines in the New Regime Times are doing my work for me!

It has really amazed me and lightened my spirits, even if only for brief moment, to see the underlying tone in the media change and turn against the Drone King’s Regime.

2 comments:

  1. I am flipping channels, and the John Wayne movie The Cowboys is on AMC with a scene of young boys in a shoot out, some appear younger than 10. It actually shows them shooting rifles and revolvers and killing bad guys. I'm surprised that scene wasn't edited out!

    Off topic, but I wanted to tell somebody who would appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete