Friday, July 5, 2013

July 4th, 2013

Via Oleg Volk

 

I typically do not address political issues in my blog. I sincerely believe we are JUST PEOPLE ... and I try hard to focus only on that. Further, I do not believe I can add anything to the wonderful words others may posted this day. Others are more eloquent, knowledgeable, and certainly smarter than I.

But, I am angry. And, I know our country is in trouble. Our founders came from lands ruled by monarchs. They knew the danger of a strong, unchecked government. For that reason, they framed the Constitution of the United States and three branches of government. Each branch would hold the power to keep the others in check. The last line of defense would be the courts where laws would be challenged that violate the constitution.

For over more than 200 years, good men and women died for that Constitution. They died for the freedom to live their lives, and the lives of their children and children's children, in peace as they saw fit.

Today the US places more people in jail, per capita, than any other nation. This is freedom? What the hell happened? We see school officials working with local law enforcement and filing charges again students who assert free speech.

More @ Just People

No comments:

Post a Comment