Saturday, August 3, 2013

Never again: Victim shoots back in 2nd robbery

 http://www.wnd.com/files/2013/08/130802houstonshootsback-340x170.jpg

After being robbed at gunpoint three weeks ago, a Houston, Texas, man resolved not to be the defenseless victim of armed violence again.

So when three armed men tried to stick him up Thursday, he was ready. The man reached into his car, pulled out his own gun and fired back.

According to a KHOU-TV report, the man was smoking a cigarette in front of an office building called the Caroline Collective at about 7 a.m., when witnesses say three men tried to rob him at the curb.

The man then reached into his SUV, pulled out a high-caliber handgun and fired. Two of the suspects were injured, one critically, before wrestling the gun from the victim and then fleeing.

“There were three of them,” an unidentified witness told KHOU-TV. “They apparently had two guns and they were on him in a hurry. And he had the presence of mind to grab his gun and protect himself. I’m really glad he had a gun, because I think he might have been killed today.”

More @ WND

8 comments:

  1. See? Smoking is dangerous.
    And they took his gun?
    Bummer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dude needed a Glock 22 not a 6 shot .357 or .44 plus the bbl was what 6 inches plus in the video. Looks like we are starting to Have a lot more of these. I take it the perps were black..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went through a lot of holsters trying to find one that would enable me to carry either my 21 or 30 100% of the time, but to no avail. So I carry an LCR .357 which is better than a 21 99% of the time, though either the 21 or 30 is within arm's reach. He hit two of them out of 4 shots while being assaulted, so I would say he didn't do badly. Black? I don't know, but I would certainly bet money on any assault that the perpetrators would be black and as long as I had takers, I would become rich.:)

      Delete
  3. Good point. I only mentioned race because it's gets omitted in most cases due to the pc crowd. You are correct on the LCR revolver for carry. He did do well with his response. I wonder if the guy he shot in the stomach is talking. I would love to see the other tirds caught.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went looking for an update and came up with a new one which I posted.

      Delete