Saturday, February 22, 2014

Gun production in US sets new record with 30 percent increase

Via Timothy

AFP Photo / Justin Sullivan

Gun makers in the United States produced a record number of weapons in 2012, as new government data suggests Democratic presidents may actually be a boon to firearms manufacturers.

According to numbers released by US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, more than 8.5 million guns were produced in 2012, compared to about 6.5 million in 2011. That’s a 31 percent increase, and the highest number recorded since the agency began tracking gun production in 1986. 

More @ RT

5 comments:

  1. Those Democrats sure know how to sell them guns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. & they don't even make a commission. :)

      Delete
    2. I hear quality is taking a hit as they strive to crank out record production. I haven't bought in awhile so can't speak from experience but the chatter around me isn't good. Comments Brock?

      Daniel

      Delete
    3. I bought virtually all of my stuff beginning the date I realized that Hussein might get elected. :) So, no help here though I haven't heard that.

      "And Now, After Sending Our Best Young Men To Die On distant battlefields fighting Communism, we may simply vote a Marxist into our highest office."
      23 July 2008
      10/'67 - 5/'69 USARV, 6/'69 - 09/'71 OICC/RVN+, 06/'73 - 25/04/'75 DAO, US Embassy RVN

      Delete
    4. Noticing the footnote, it sure is fun (getting old) ain't it? It's not like we weren't told. We just never listened. Tain't a thang for pussies though, heh? I know! It's been kicking my ass! My biggest hope is that our experience might help to serve others. We're not done yet. Not by a long shot. Our issues will not be found among the quality of the weapons we produce, but of the people we elect. Hang in there! You are doing much good.

      Delete