Tuesday, June 10, 2014

CANTOR LOSES!

Via Susan Ya' made my day, sweetie! :)

 http://www.marklevinshow.com/images/featured_image/0/paired_modules/6/1399938749_stretch.png

Good riddance to bad rubbish! :)

It wasn’t enough that Eric Cantor spent $1 million in the weeks leading up to the election, when his primary opponent hardly had $100,000 in his campaign coffers.

It didn’t matter that the House majority leader, 51, branded Dave Brat a liberal hack, and himself as the guardian of the Republican creed. On Tuesday night, Cantor, who was swept into the majority leader’s suite in a tea party wave, was swept out by the same movement.

Cantor conceded the race around 8:25 p.m. — shortly after the Associated Press pronounced Cantor’s 13-year political career over. With nearly 98 percent of precincts reporting, Brat had 55 percent of the vote, while Cantor had 44 percent. People close to Cantor said internal polls showed him hovering near 60 percent in the runup to the race.

More @ Politico

10 comments:

  1. Too bad Lindsey Graham didn't go down with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A conservative Econ professor in Congress! I am doing my Happy Dance ))))

    Rush had a good idea on all these youthful invaders from Central America: Use the Elian Gonzalez Return Doctrine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Elian Gonzalez Return Doctrine

      I'd vote for that!

      Delete
    2. Rush missed something on that "Elian Gonzales Return Doctrine".
      Well to be completely accurate rush didn't come up with that, one of his callers did and in a rare moment Rush actually complimented him for thinking of something "HE" had not already considered. But I'll go it one more step that Rush and everyone else I've heard speak on the Elian subject left out. They always say Elian was the victim of Janet Reno but seem not to remember that none other than Eric Holder was actually in Miami doing Reno's dirty work and helping the ICE agents kick in the door. Don't believe it, google photos of the incident and you'll see him.

      All of a sudden the same Eric Holder, now wearing his former bosses hat, doesn't believe in sending anyone back.

      Point of clarification. I'm a big fan of Rush and what he's done to open the eyes of this country including my own many years ago. I was just poking fun at his arrogance.

      Delete
    3. Eric Holder was actually in Miami doing Reno's dirty work and helping the ICE agents kick in the door.

      Thanks and I don't believe I knew that.

      Delete
  3. I have to wonder if the Republican Party will support Dave Brat. I can see the old guard funneling cash to Eric Cantor under the table. I do not see those in power at the National Republican Party sharing with those upstart tea party candidates. I look for the Republican Party to either withhold support or just go through the motions and give minimal help to Dave Brat.

    Badger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sure they will do all they can to defeat him, but I must say this is encouraging. Could the pendulum have finally swung the other way? I certainly hope so, but fear we may have many roads to travel before this becomes fact.

      Delete