Monday, July 28, 2014

Me, Derbyshire, and Darwin


Over the years I have occasionally expressed doubts over the tenets of evolutionism which, perhaps wrongly, has seemed to me a sort of political correctness of science, or maybe a metaphysics somewhat related to science. As a consequence I have been severely reprehended. The editor of a site devoted to genetic expression furiously began deleting any mention of me from his readers. Others, to include Mr. John Derbyshire of Taki’s Magazine, have expressed disdain, though disdaining to explain just why.

In all of this, my inability to get straight answers that do not shift has frustrated me. I decided to address my questions to an expert in the field, preferably one who loathed me and thus might produce his best arguments so as to stick it to me. To this end I have settled on Mr. Derbyshire.

He has the several advantages of being highly intelligent, an excellent writer, ardent of all things evolutionary and genetic, and well versed in them. I would profit by his instruction in things in which I am only an amateur—should he be so inclined. (He may well have other things to do.) To this end, I submit a few questions which have strained my admittedly paltry understanding for some time. They are not new questions, but could use answers. I agree in advance to accept his answers (if any be given) as canonical.

8 comments:

  1. Darwinism should correctly be labeled as religion not as science. I have always loved science and studied different fields all my life. As one who knows I must point out almost nothing we see today advertised as science really is science. The one thing that MUST be first in science is honesty. Science today is used as a reason to promote an agenda or product. There is almost no real science being done in the world today. Scientists of today do research to reach a conclusion that matches whoever is paying for the research. Find the wrong conclusion and the grant money stops. So what conclusions do you think the researchers discover?

    There is a true scientific method let me show that.

    Ask a Question
    Do Background Research
    Construct a Hypothesis
    Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment
    Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion
    Communicate Your Results

    It is important for your experiment to be a fair test. A "fair test" occurs when you change only one factor (variable) and keep all other conditions the same.

    In order for evolution to be science you must be able to “TEST” the theory. There is no way to perform a test to prove or disprove evolution. Since there is no way to test the idea it cannot be science it must be taken as true on faith. Therefor evolution is religion not true science.

    In fact as you study science you discover much of science in different fields disprove evolution. Genetics has been studied for hundreds of years. Do just a bit of research and you discover something very interesting. In the thousands and thousands of studies NEVER ONCE has mutation added new genetic information. The only outcome ever observed rearranged the information into an unusable mutation or destroyed genetic information. You can enhance desirable traits or discourage undesirable traits but you can never add traits that do not already exist. That fact alone throws the whole idea of evolution in doubt.

    Badger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the thousands and thousands of studies NEVER ONCE has mutation added new genetic information. The only outcome ever observed rearranged the information into an unusable mutation or destroyed genetic information. You can enhance desirable traits or discourage undesirable traits but you can never add traits that do not already exist. That fact alone throws the whole idea of evolution in doubt.

      Excellent comment, once again. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. some good ponderings there - "Fred: To my eye, the damned place looks designed. By what, I am clueless."

    I agree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Fred: To my eye, the damned place looks designed. By what, I am clueless."

      @ & to think he can barely see, after the VA operated on his eyes.

      Delete
  3. quite amazing - I wonder if he has recruited some help to edit and spellcheck - he does great either way. I wish he could regenerate his eyeballs like some other critters are "programmed" to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pretty sure Darwin himself couldn't answer Fred's questions - he wasn't near the fanatic that some of these Evolutionary apologists are today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he wasn't near the fanatic that some of these Evolutionary apologists are today.

      I can well imagine.

      Delete