Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Doin' It Right

Via Susan


Big Daddy Wilson & Doc Fozz with special guests Toscho Todorovic (guitar) Oliver Geselbracht (bass) and Florian Schaube.

================

 Big Daddy Wilson was born less than 50 years ago in a small town called *Edenton, North Carolina. The population of Edenton counts less than 6000,  55% African Americans, 25% below the poverty line. “We were very poor but I had a very beautiful childhood“, Wilson remembers. “Me and my sisters were raised by Mom and Grandma. We lived a simple life, we went to church every Sunday, school on weekdays. I also worked back then on the tobacco plantation and in the cotton fields, I was a real country boy.“ Wilson sang in church but he never thought about going on stage. “I was extremely shy.“ His guardians meant well for the fatherless boy and they often sent him to church also during the week. “That won´t hurt him, keeps little Wilson away from drugs and off the streets.“

                                                             More @ Big Daddy Wilson

*Which my mother called the most beautiful town in the country.

2 comments:

  1. I love Big Daddy Wilson - the lyrics are great - serendipity led us to a good man tonight, Brock ;)

    ReplyDelete