Thursday, October 16, 2014

Robert Sussman, Jared Taylor, and Me A Reckless Disregard of Truth

http://www.filipdewinter.be/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/foto5.gif

Amen.

Enough is enough.

At Salon.com I encounter an article lengthily titled, America’s virulent racists: The sick ideas and perverted “science” of the American Renaissance, and published in book for by Harvard University Press. The burden of the piece is that American Renaissance and its honcho, Jared Taylor, are “Hitlerian,” “anti-Semitic," and hold “extremist views.” These are grave accusations, implying among other things a desire to kill all Jews, Gypsies, Slavs, and so on. I found this interesting.
Several years ago I received an email from Jared Taylor, who apparently read my column, Fredoneverything.net, asking me to address AmRen’s annual conference to talk about Mexico and Latin America. I knew little of AmRen at the time except that it was said to be venomously racist.
I accepted. I thought it would be interesting to see such a group, and reasoned that telling them the truth as I knew it of Latins could hardly be pernicious no matter who they were.

On arriving at the conference site, a hotel near Washington, D.C.’s Dulles Airport, from my home in Guadalajara, I looked for Jared, wondering what he would be like. I knew a little.  I had learned that he grew up in Japan, had attended Japanese schools, and thus spoke perfect Japanese. He had also picked up an advanced degree in a French university, and spoke good French. Whatever he was, he wasn’t stupid.

 He proved to be a courtly man, slim, and  in perhaps his late fifties.

4 comments:

  1. In the picture the second person from the right is Bad Eagle. He passed away a few months ago and I sorely miss reading his blog on a frequent basis. He and Russell Means were two people whose outlook on life were a treasure. Their detractors could never come close to measuring up to the character of these two men...they will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brillant minds. :) I found this picture by searching for Jared Taylor and Bad Eagle. :) Come to our Spring PATCON as I have a collection of his writings that Susan made up for the last spring oine.

      Delete
  2. I always learn reading Fred's columns, man just makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the link. I need to look up Bad Eagle's blog spot, I confess I have never heard of him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He certainly does and I ran across him quite a while back when I read his Vietnam story starting out with him waiting for the plane at El Toro. I also worked there after the evacuation of Saigon. We were both in Phnon Penh at the same time once, but didn't see each other. I went back and read every column he had ever written.

      Sad
      http://www.badeagle.com/

      Delete