Sunday, January 4, 2015

Steve King: I Will Not Vote for Boehner as Speaker

Via comment by Sioux on Louie Gohmert to Challenge Boehner for Speaker

 http://theiowarepublican.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/King.jpg

Lord, please let them keep coming.

This week, Members elected to the 114th Congress will rise, place their left hand on the Bible, raise their right hand and state,

“I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

This oath does not say, “I will support and defend the … United States…” Our oath is a specific requirement to swear, “I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States…”

President Obama has repeatedly plunged our nation into a constitutional crisis. No past president has so cavalierly violated his own oath and through naked political calculation, willfully violated the Constitution. When a president does violence to our Constitution, those who also take an oath to our Constitution have an absolute duty to defend it. We need a Speaker of the House who carries in his bones the conviction of our oath.

More @ Breitbart

2 comments:

  1. Same old thing, different day. He will get just enough votes to win and we will get a solid chaff screen telling us that he really understands THIS time. This time for sure he will hold the ball so you can kick it. All those other times he snatched it away and you went flying. But just give him another chance because he is a changed man and really deserves this.

    Blah blah blah.

    --Hale

    ReplyDelete