Thursday, March 19, 2015

Greek Organizations at the University of Georgia Ban Hoop Skirts

Via Carl

 Kappa Alpha, my fraternity.

Maybe these ladies will stage a protest.

********************************

  Imbeciles.

For years when I’ve heard of ridiculous political correctness run amok in American academia, I’ve breathed a sigh of relief that it hasn’t happened at my alma mater, the University of Georgia. Until now.

Sororities and fraternities at UGA have banned the use of hoop skirts at events over concerns of the appearance of racism.
Victor Wilson, UGA’s vice president for student affairs, explained that the ban was due to concerns over what kind of “message” the skirt might send, and compared it to a previous ban on Confederate uniforms, according to an article in the Athens Banner-Herald.
In other words: The fact that people wore hoop skirts during the era of slavery in the U.S. makes them symbols of racism.  “The student leadership, staff and advisors agree that Antebellum hoop skirts are not appropriate in the context of some events,” read an e-mail sent out Tuesday by Ashley Merkel, president of UGA’s Panhellenic Council, and Alex Bosse, president of the Interfraternity Council.
Students had previously worn them to events such as the “Magnolia Ball.”
More @ PJ Media

16 comments:

  1. Geezopeetzo- Dude, the message you are sending is that you are all a bunch of PC morons who have been brainwashed!!! I wore a hoop under my prom dress at thoroughly Yankee Trenton High School, back in the Dark Ages. Really, Alumni, can you please speak up here already???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Sister Anne just sent this:

      When I was in college most of my evening dresses were worn with hoop skirts without one thought of THE WAR! I still have my hoop skirt and have loaned it from time to time ---not now , however. They aren’t in style, but if it returns I am ready!

      Delete
  2. This is beyond stupid.

    He earned his bachelor’s degree in social work from UGA in 1982 and his master’s degree in student personnel in higher education from UGA in 1987.

    Terry
    Fla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a little Hoop History, not of the March Madness variety, but then again, maybe so...these young'uns really need some help.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoop_skirt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I think they may be saved with lobotomies. :)

      Delete
  4. My head is truly ready to explode! PC is going to play big in the final histories written about the "Fall of the American Empire". Stupid is, as stupid does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every day is more ridiculous than the day before.

      Delete
  5. Someone should introduce Victor to baseball. Start with a thorough demonstration of the bat, and work your way up to sport injuries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just stupid. Not only would I wear one to the next soiree, I'd organize every woman I could to do the same. I swear these PC idiots would rub out every trace of our culture and history if we allow it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear these PC idiots would rub out every trace of our culture and history if we allow it.

      I keep saying that the pendulum must have reached it's zenith, but then find out I was wrong again.

      Delete
  7. Athens, another great old Southern town. Eat-up with refugees and they're not
    from the European stock. For some reason, hordes of refugees were seeded here.
    Think: the destruction of a culture, by design. Everything being done has a trail
    to sloths behind the iron curtain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the destruction of a culture, by design. Everything being done has a trail
      to sloths behind the iron curtain.

      Yes, indeed.

      Delete
  8. These lovely ladies dresses look mighty pitiful without the hoops.

    ReplyDelete