Sunday, March 8, 2015

The onliest ones.

Via David

http://www.detroitccw.com/images/post-office-gun-ban.jpg

So on my way home, I stopped at the Post Office in a very small town to check the P.O. Box.  I stop about twice a week to check on it.

As is Federal Law, I disarm, leaving my carry gun locked in the car (or truck). I believe the requirement that I disarm to get my mail is illegal and unconstitutional, but the courts disagree, so I follow the law.

As I am coming into the Post Office, my holster empty (and coat pulled over it) , I encounter the Chief of Police of that small town. He is in civilian clothes and I realized that the car I had parked next to in the lot was his personal car. I smile and raise my hand in greeting.

He looks at me and says "Hi", and then waits while I fish out my key and open the mailbox. I retrieve my mail and then turn to see what he wants...

Now this Cop is, actually, generally a decent sort. He does his job, seldom has an attitude, and is a decent guy most of the time... I have interacted with him several times over the years. His officers use our range twice a year to practice and before their certification testing (which is another good story for another time). He knows I carry, and have a permit.

"Got a question for ya, B" he says. "Do you carry here in the Post Office?"

6 comments:

  1. When I use PO Boxes I never disarm going into the public area. I keep concealed and I have never had a problem. It is no different then going into wally world or Target. I will be damned if I am going to be disarmed if on fed property, I am the FED! I own it with the 360 million other citizens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the FED! I own it with the 360 million other citizens.

      Good point.

      Delete
  2. That's right. The states made the federal gov; the fed gov works and is beholden
    to the states and within the states are the people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because We'uns is up he-ah and You'uns is down they-ah!

    ReplyDelete