Monday, July 13, 2015

"Jack Hunter goes full retard."

Via Ryan

Lying, sniveling, money grubbing, traitorous, Scalawag coward.

States’ rights? Heritage? I was wrong: The Confederate flag has always been about race.
 
As a Charleston, South Carolina-based conservative radio personality known as the “Southern Avenger,” I spent a decade defending the Confederate flag that is yet again the center of so much controversy.

I said the flag was about states’ rights. I said it stood for self-determination. I said it honored heritage.

I argued the Confederate flag wasn’t about race. I believed it. Millions of well-meaning Southerners believe it too.

I was wrong. That flag is always about race. Whatever political or historical points the flag’s defenders make, there will never be a time—and never has been a time—in which millions of Americans have looked at that symbol and not seen hatred.

12 comments:

  1. "About" is in the eye of the beholder. Racists see everything in racial terms. "Millions of Americans" yes, non-southern racists. What a maroon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a maroon.

      I've noticed that through the years, you use 'maroon' as your ultimate insult. :)

      Delete
    2. A maroon to me is one who knows better but still says utterly stupid things. A lot of them in high places anymore.

      Delete
  2. Gotta read it with the bugs bunny voice in my head. What a ignoramus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume that he figured he could make more money being a turncoat.

      Delete
  3. Hunter said this to protect his boy Rand Paul's campaign; he may be sincere enough in his conversion to the politically correct gospel, but let's call this what it is: falling on his sword so Rand doesn't catch a mega shitstorm for being affiliated with Hunter. They are at this point both laughable public personalities, so frankly, who cares what Hunter or Rand Paul has to say since they both sold their Southern supporters out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. who cares what Hunter or Rand Paul has to say since they both sold their Southern supporters out.

      Agreed.

      Delete
  4. It's the age old story, the victors write the history books. Truth has nothing much to do with it.

    ReplyDelete