- Overall it was an excellent exercise. That was something that I haven't been a part of in a very long time (admittedly, my previous roles were only as radio operator/log writer and table "sculptor")
- I liked the scenario and the unexpected surprise in the middle.
- It was a very good first attempt (especially for the team that had never worked together before.)
- The only real negatives I experienced were all issues to be expected from an inexperienced team.
* Need to work on radio/communication procedures (using proper call signs; keeping radio silence; ie. don't call the recon team, wait for them to call you so that you don't accidentally jeopardize their position,)
* Need to establish code names/words prior to sending the recon team out (recon was asked about "location 3", but had no prior confirmation of where location 3 was.) [I will add pictures when I post the PATCON pictures. BT]
Mark Roote III