Thursday, February 25, 2016

Group: Make Confederate monument removal job 'as unattractive as possible'

Via Billy

http://media.nola.com/tpphotos/photo/2015/06/24/18176716-large.jpg

Opponents of an effort to remove Confederate monuments in New Orleans have launched a campaign to discourage construction firms from bidding on the project.

Save Our Circle, a group set up to fight the removals, is encouraging its nearly 10,000 Facebook members to reach out to any companies that might bid and let them know that their participation would not be appreciated.

More @ NOLA

4 comments:

  1. About a year ago, before the decision was cemented to remove the monuments Save our circle's Facebook page banned me after I told them I would support their cause financially and by showing up to events (I live in coastal MS about an hour and a half from New Orleans)

    My crime? I told them I wanted to bring & fly my confederate flag. I was told to stay home. They did not want the "negative image the flag creates". I told them that the ones that wanted the monuments gone HATED the monument supports whether they had flags or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The confederate flag is a positive image. I sure like the new one up and flying along i95 in Prince George VA. Seems it's A Wade Hampton Memorial and it looks great ! I fly a variety of them along with the NC republic (1861) flag on my place. Neighbors love it.
    So the New Orleans thing has been cursed so anyone who does damage to the monuments or moves then is snakebit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they'll find someone, but I wouldn't want to be the mover.

      Delete