Saturday, January 7, 2017

"Give Me Land, Lotsa Land"

Via Billy

http://assets3.bigthink.com/system/tinymce_assets/944/original/federal_lands.jpg?1422311293

 
When I was a kid around  eight or nine years old, there was a popular song out called "Don't fence me in." The first line of that, or the chorus, I can't recall which, said "Give me land, lotsa land under starry skies above. Don't fence me in." At that point in my life I hadn't traveled all that much and so the idea of the song appealed to me. It still does except that, at my age, I've done most of the traveling I'm likely to do, but I still have the memories and a batch of old photos and I do enjoy both. As a kid I always wanted to go west. When I was 21 years old I finally got to go and once I started I kept going until I couldn't go anymore.

It's a good thing I got to go when I did, in those pre-Obama years when the West was still relatively open, because our soon-to-be-f0rmer Marxist president seems hell bent on shutting down as much Western land as he can so ordinary folks can't get to use it or even see it except from a distance. 

It would seem that he has eagerly embraced the old Marxist concept of  private property being some sort of sin and he'd like to redistribute as much of the property in the West to "the people" (meaning his kind of people and no one else) as he can before he is forced to leave the White House, even though his bosses will force him to remain in Washington as part of their agenda to destabilize a Trump presidency.

5 comments:

  1. War with who?

    http://theeveningchronicle.blogspot.com/2017/01/war-with-who.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. https://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2017/01/war-with-who.html

      Delete
  2. Not "Government land" States land managed by BLM.

    There is a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Trump can't undo a national monument by himself, but Congress and the president can. Unfortunately, that same bunch of Republicans that gave Obama anything he wanted in the last Congress is still there for the most part. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete