Wednesday, January 25, 2017

House votes to permanently ban taxpayer funds for abortion

Via Billy

House votes to permanently ban taxpayer funds for abortion

The House passed legislation on Tuesday that would permanently codify existing law banning the use of federal funds for abortion services.

Lawmakers approved the measure largely along party lines, with three Democrats joining Republicans in the 238-183 vote.

The legislation, written by Rep. Chris Smith (R-N.J.), would also permanently prohibit the District of Columbia from using its local funds approved by Congress for abortion services.

“That’s what we should be all about. Life affirming and the saving of human life,” said Smith.

More @ The Hill

8 comments:

  1. I hope that becomes law too. I'm against abortion, but have to agree that everyone should have a choice as to what they do to their own bodies. Because it is their choice, as ugly as it is.

    Like it is MY choice to decide my funds should not pay for their choice. The reverse is also true - I should pay for my choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like it is MY choice to decide my funds should not pay for their choice.

      Absolutely.

      Delete
    2. I can't disagree with you about your body, your choice, but I respectfully disagree with you about abortion. The baby inside a woman is its own body and should be given a chance to make a choice. I'm not trying to start a debate or argument about it. Just my opinion and I respect yours......

      Delete
    3. & this allows exceptions for cases of rape, incest or if the mother’s life in danger.

      Delete
    4. Totally agree........

      Delete
  2. This is only about not forcing others to PAY FOR another's choice. And Trump is actually for greater choice than the leftists like Obama and Clinton. He's for allowing women their CHOICE to carry the means to protect their own bodies against the robber, the rapist and the murderer. But not to have the government pay for that choice. If confronted by a leftist woman, ask her if she's supports "a woman's right to choose" to carry the means of armed self defense! --Ron W

    ReplyDelete