Tuesday, December 5, 2017

John Conyers: 'I am retiring today' after sexual harassment allegations

Via Billy

 

Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., announced Tuesday he is resigning from the House, effective immediately, amid allegations of sexual harassment and will endorse his son, John Conyers III, to replace him in Congress.

"I am retiring today," Conyers told "The Mildred Gaddis Show" Tuesday morning. "I want everyone to know how much I appreciate the support — the incredible, undiminished support I've received across the years from my supporters, not only in my district, but across the country as well."

2 comments:

  1. Anyone can run for his seat. I just hope that the voters in Michigan take a very hard look at whoever is running. Just because this disgraced congressman endorses his son, that does not mean that he will represent the people of his district, and not his own personal agenda, as his father has done.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just because this disgraced congressman endorses his son, that does not mean that he will represent the people of his district, and not his own personal agenda, as his father has done.

      We pray.

      Delete