Saturday, January 20, 2018

One Jew’s Red-Pill Journey II

  https://redcurtainmedia.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/lindsay-lohan-take-the-red-pill-hd-parent-trap-266715044.jpg
 
Let me step back in time because I realized there are a couple of things I want to cover that I didn’t think of before.

First, I was still in elementary school when a kid decided he was going to elevate his social status by picking on me.  Now understand that at the time I was not high on the social pecking order, and so was a prime target.  He started off by calling me names, which I ignored – “Be the bigger man,” my father said.  Soon that escalated to shoves, and punches on the arm in addition to the verbal abuse.  “Violence never solves anything,” admonished my parents, so again I did nothing.  One day, while we were waiting to go back into our homeroom with some other students, he attempted a karate kick.  I warned him, that being the proverbial last straw.  He did it again… not only did I pound on him, I picked him up and threw him against a wall and down he went.  He never bothered me again.  
Lesson learned: sometimes violence is the answer.   
Not long after that another kid started the same thing and no longer was I tolerant.  He insulted me, gave it right back.  He punched me, I’d hit him back harder.  He quickly decided to seek out an easier target, and many, many years later this passage from the book StarshipTroopers came along in my scifi reading, and it rang 100% true:
 More @ Red Pill Jew

6 comments:

  1. I had a similar experience in junior high. My town redistricted the schools and I was now in with a group of kids who'd all gone through six years of schooling together. I was the outsider with a funny name. Like you, I was taught that violence never solves anything, turn the other check, etc. One day in gym class, one of the bullies decided to have some fun by attacking me. I don't know what triggered me but I snapped and ended up slamming his head against a locker repeatedly. An upper classman ended up pulling me off of the kid who attacked me. After that incident, no one messed with me ever again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, sir!

    Got another essay I'll be posting in a few days.

    Still need to figure out blogger; having trouble getting the RSS feed of blogs I read to show up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This rings a bell. The first 14 years of my life I grew up in suburbia. I walked 2 blocks to school. I also had a bully terrorize me for the last 2 years there due to my "turn the other cheek" upbringing. Dad retired and we moved to a farm.

    I was the new kid in 10th grade in a high school that had about 250 students. A junior, on the football team, decided he was push me around. He was a head taller and had about 30 pounds on me. He knocks my books out of my hand during class change, the name calling, and then he shoved me. I shoved back. He took a swing and missed and I got him in a reverse head-lock with his torso in front of me with my arm around his neck.

    He starts to stand lifting me where I lost my footing but I held on to his head. I fell to the ground still holding his head where I bounced his head against the floor. If you have ever watched TV wresting that move is called a DDT.

    He was out cold and came around just as the bell was ringing. When we were pulled into the Principal's office he confessed he started everything. I didn't have any problems the rest of the time I was in HS.

    ReplyDelete