Monday, February 26, 2018

If Deputy Didn’t Have the Heart to Go In, That’s Not My Responsibility, Says Broward County Sheriff

Via Billy

Honorable leaders take responsibility.

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel told a reporter that his deputy failing to enter the school while the shooting was in progress was not his responsibility.

“I gave him a gun. I gave him a badge. I gave him the training,” Sheriff Israel told an NBC6 South Florida reporter in a video interview tweeted by Erika Glover. “If he didn’t have the heart to go in, that’s not my responsibility.”

More @ Breitbart

4 comments:

  1. People have to understand. Law enforcement officers have NO duty to protect anyone. Two Supreme Court decisions have upheld, police, even if their is a court ordered restrainer. Have NO obligation to protect anyone.

    Supreme Court Says: POLICE HAVE NO DUTY TO PROTECT THE GENERAL PUBLIC

    WARREN V. DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA – 1981

    CASTLE ROCK V. GONZALES – 2005

    There are also many other lower court rulings declaring police have no duty to protect anyone.

    Badger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Badger,
      That's the main reason I carry one and keep one in a bed stand.

      Thankfully I was able to move from a Liberal can't carry state to a sensible one.

      Delete
  2. As a citizen of the State of Oklahoma and a sworn peace officer I have a lawful duty to stop any and all felonies that happen in my presence by what ever amount of force as is necessary.

    ReplyDelete