Sunday, February 18, 2018

"Once you stop hearing 'sir' and 'ma'am' the rest is soon to follow"

Via 4Branch


It was after a school shooting near Spokane last September that Spokane Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich addressed a clutch of reporters:
When I was in high school, every one of those rigs in the high school parking lot had a gun in the gun rack. Why? We went hunting on the way home. None of those guns ever walked into a school, none of those guns ever shot anybody... Did the gun change or did you as a society change? I'll give you odds it was you as a society. Because you started glorifying cultures of violence. You glorified the gang culture, you glorified games that actually gave you points for raping and killing people. The gun didn't change, we changed.
It seems clear to me the sheriff was speaking about rap music with its hateful, violent and misogynistic lyrics, and video games like Grand Theft Auto, where you can have sex with a prostitute then strangle her or pull an innocent person out of a car, beat him, then steal his vehicle.

I am a First Amendment purist and don't want to see expression censored in any way.

More @ PJ Media

8 comments:

  1. Today, if a truck had a gun rack with one or two rifles,
    someone would break the window and steal them. Thanks Obama
    years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I came back here for the first time since I went to Vietnam, I asked my mechanic/friend who lives nearby why he kept his rifle behind his front seat instead of in his empty gun-rack to which he said because it would be stolen! His nickname is Cowboy and happens to be black.:)

      Delete
  2. So it was happening before the Obama yrs. Oh, well. But it
    is much worse today. I haven't seen any loaded gun racks in
    trucks that I am aware. I'll have to pay more attention.
    Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, gun racks in trucks with visable rifles.
      Check this out - something is really wrong in this
      country. This is absurd:
      http://thefreethoughtproject.com/texas-security-officer-filmed-school-rooftop-pretending-kill-children/

      Delete