Tuesday, August 28, 2018

University of North Carolina Chapel Hill

 

On the morning of August 21, 2018, don in the uniform of the Southern soldier, with the Southern Cross in hand, I would enter the grounds of the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill.  The first to greet me would be a campus policeman of whom alongside several other policemen would watch over me for my entire stay on campus. I salute them !

As I made my way to the base of the Confederate Cenotaph where Silent Sam once stood, a middle age white man who identified himself as an instructor, would pull alongside me and ask of me;  HK why are you here?  Silent Sam is truly silent today.  You may as well turn around and go home.

I told him "fat chance of that, because on this day, the base of Silent Sam will be a Meeting House (a place of worship), and I shall speak for all to hear of those brave babies he represents very loudly". 


More @ Mailchi

No comments:

Post a Comment