Sunday, April 14, 2019

The Last Days in Vietnam and More

Via Khuong Duy Le



I remember Stuart Herrington  well and more power to him as I couldn't have held back. I bought the film when it first came out in 2014 and haven't had the guts to view it yet.

Via Nguyễn Nam

Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor
Near the end.



Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor
The bus makes no sense as I never saw one that wasn't painted Army green.
P.S.  I just thought of something and that is the picture was misidentified and they are refugees getting off a bus at say Camp Pendleton. I visited there many times once I got back.


Vietnam War Memorial (Ranger) - Arlington National Cemetery - Arlington, VA.
Vietnamese Rangers Memorial Dedication PHOTO

Via Dung Dang

South Vietnam 1967
My favorite beer. I had to leave a grease gun behind.

Image may contain: one or more people, ocean, outdoor, water and nature

7 comments:

  1. That video is blocked on youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The film was blocked for me also. PBS blocked viewing into the
    country that started it all, U.S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try this different one and let me know please.

      Last days in Vietnam 2014 - Những ngày cuối cùng ở Việt Nam (VIET/ENG subtitles)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2cozO2amXQ&list=PLRpu_q6S1RLcrINEMHrR_LwAoZjaQ9TIB

      Delete
    2. Hi Brock. YES, this video works. Thanks much.
      Will view in just a bit.

      Delete
    3. That's great and this was the one posted on one of my Vietnamese sites but there was no embed option and I couldn't find it on YouTube originally so I'm glad this transpired. I always like subtitles for Vietnamese and will replace the previous one. Thanks. Two great movies are in Vietnamese with English subtitles the way I appreciate them as it brings out so much for me. The Scent of the Green Papaya and The Lover are excellent. Wonderful photography. You can search on FNC and find them.

      Delete