Thursday, June 6, 2019

So I turned 79........

Image result for it's been a hell of  ride

........don't feel much different than when I turned 78.

Been a Sailor, Soldier, Surveyor, Draftsman, Designer, Pot Walloper, Short Order cook, pumped Gas, built airplanes, ships, buildings, airports, dams, designed chem plants, compressor stations, churches, apartment complexes, mounted split rim truck tires, sold guns and auto parts, stocked shelves, was a pipefitter, and an Investigative Reporter . . . saw one congress critter off to jail and most of County government resign to keep from following him.

Was a Cartoonist, hunted alligators at night, from a pirogue, illegally; seen Great Whites as big as a bus, chased and caught pirates.  Seen Piranha in action.  Got through four teenagers, five daughters in law, saw one son off in 'Cuffs.

Eleven or twelve states, thirty or so countries, couple three wars, North Atlantic winters, Bering Sea, Hurricanes 'n Blizzards.  Shellback and Bluenose.

Been a life.

--4Branch

13 comments:

  1. Damn, what do you do in your spare time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess he had to forsake wine, women and song. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Brock,
    As a former Sailor and "Shellback" myself.. I can say that he "DID" partake a lot of "Wine, Women and Song!!!!".... It Comes with the Territory!!!
    skybill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turning 77 next month. Lead the way I'm right behind you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 76 in February and we are fortunate to still be here.:)

      Delete
    2. Damn, you and bogsides are old farts... being only 60 I can get peevish.

      Delete
    3. :)60 what? I don't remember that.... :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks! Y'all make me feel young, only 68 in July. --Ron W

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be hard to beat that record in any life.

    I am humbled by this.
    Lived in one state. Thank God it is(was...this state is going to hell because of Kate Brown and her Brown shirts) Oregon. Let's see. Hiking camping, hunting, fishing, mountain climbing, rock climbing, SCUBA diving, skiing, professional photographer, flying airplanes, cliff diving, whitewater rafting and kayaking, motocross and Enduro racing, Dual sport riding, and being a marine biologist to boot!
    Yet still, I'm humbled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I still think he missed out on wine, women and song! :)

      Delete
    2. Sarthurk, another blog you and me commented on Oregon. I was from Canby myself, Cederq

      Delete