Sunday, October 13, 2019

Paul Gissing

 

naturelovinmermaid

My sweet brother-in-law passed away this week and a part of my heart will be gone forever. He use to say I was just like his little sister. He most definitely was a big brother to me. Paul was at the hospital for all my boys births. My second sons birth has always been special to me as I had an emergency c-section and delivered at 32 weeks. When Virginia and my husband were talking to doctors in the other room another doctor came in to tell me all the complications of what could happend to me. Paul was right by my side. I started crying and he grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I felt a relief and stopped crying. Ironically my son Mykah that was born that day loved Paul. He always wanted to play with him. When he was around he would follow him everywhere so he could play with him and even jump on his back even when he wasn’t suppose to. When Mykah would act naughty Paul would laugh and say he was exactly like him when he was young and tell me stories of when he was a little kid. He called Mykah Dennis the Menace. If you ever hear me call Mykah that this is why. That day in the hospital a piece of Paul’s souls connected with Mykah. So now every time Mykah acts bad I’ll think of Paul. If he grows up to be anything like Paul the sweet gentle, hardworking man I knew I’ll have a piece of my boys to remind me of their Uncle. My favorite memories are the vacations we took together. One almost 20 years ago in Southeast Asia and one last year when my sister and him came to visit the boys and I. When people say to collect memories not things I thought I understood it until now. Now I really feel it in my heart. Those experiences are what connects me to him and show me what life should really be about. I’m heartbroken my family will be missing someone on our holidays and get togethers and the only thing that makes me happy is that one day we will all be together again. This week I have felt so much love, compassion and kindness from everyone. People I never knew hugging me like tomorrow may not happen. I hope in my brothers memory that all that love, compassion and kindness can continued on to our lives everyday because tomorrow is not promised. I love you Paul ♥️

3 comments:

  1. Brock, May You and Your family find Peace in this troubled time. My sincere condolences for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is truly awful to lose a loved one and there really isn't much anyone can do to relieve the pain. I pray for comfort and peace for family and friends.
    Best to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete