Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Colt Python: First Shots! – SHOT Show 2020

 


I bought it used for $140 after I came back from Vietnam and sold it years ago and received enough to buy a Bulgarian AK and a  Saiga 12.  I thought that it was a good deal but boy should I have hung on to it! :)
For more information on the new and improved Python, visit Colt.com.

If there was one gun we had to see and shoot at SHOT Show 2020 “Media Day at the Range” it was, of course, the COLT PYTHON.

We’ve been not-so-secretly tracking the rebirth of this widely coveted snake gun for some time now.

We first got faint whispers of its imminent return as far back as SHOT Show 2016; I kid you not. We were told then that it was coming, it was only a matter of when.

More @ Guns America

4 comments:

  1. Geez, $140 is a great price back in the day. The AK and Saiga are nice to have also, but yeah - I hear ya, having that 357 today :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, just checked and they are over $2,500 today.

      Delete
  2. The $1,500 seems like a lot. But I compared it to the price of a gallon of gasoline.

    IIRC, in 1975, gas was just topping $1.00/gal. That $140 would buy 140 gallons.

    Today, gas is around $3.60 in CA. That $1,500 would buy 416 gallons.

    I reckon you could do the same comparison using milk, bread, a Big Mac*, etc.

    Another way is labor wages. In 1977 I was earning $5.55/hr working as a shift chemist. That was a damn good wage at that time. A 40 hour work week would gross $222. 140/222 = 0.63. It would take 25 hours to be able to earn $140.

    My wage in 2005 was $28/hr. A 40 hour work week would gross $1,120 1,500/1,1200 = 1.34. It would take 53.6 hours to earn $1,500.

    Of course, wages have been flat for the most part. I've worked since 2005 but I don't count those since the wages have been trifling as I have taken work more for the fun than for the money. It would be interesting to see what wages are in today's Trump economy of very low unemployment/increased labor demand.

    *I think it was the 1980s that it was reported that the U.S. government used the Big Mac to figure the value of a USSR Ruble compared the a U.S. Dollar.

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. I read somewhere that a loaf of bread in ancient Egypt took the same amount of gold to buy as it does today.

      Delete