Monday, February 17, 2020

American Pravda: When Stalin Almost Conquered Europe


For many years I maintained far too many magazine subscriptions, more periodicals than I could possibly read or even skim, so most weeks they went straight into storage, with scarcely more than a glance at the cover. But every now and then, I might casually browse one of them, curious about what I had usually been missing.

Thus, in the summer of 2010, I happened to leaf through an issue of Chronicles, the small-circulation flagship organ of the marginalized paleoconservative movement, and soon began reading a blandly-titled book review. But the piece so astonished me that it immediately justified all the many years of subscription payments I had sent to that magazine.

The reviewer was Andrei Navrozov, a Soviet emigre long resident in Britain, and he opened by quoting a passage from a previous 1990 book review, published almost exactly twenty years before:

More @ LRC

8 comments:

  1. Thank God for Hitler. General Patton knew too as he spoke out
    about the dangers of Stalin and Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-vietnam/vietnam-quarantines-rural-community-of-10000-over-coronavirus-fears-officials-idUSKBN2071U9
    I wonder why there is no reports of infection in Mexico or
    South America.
    Off topic but I just had to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, posted and I found this:https://www.statista.com/statistics/1093469/mexico-transmission-channels-coronavirus/

    ReplyDelete
  4. When told that the U.S. and it's allies had to consider political consequences in dealing with (appeasing) the Russians, reportedly Gen Patton retorted, "the only thing I consider about the Russians is to ascertain how much iron and lead I will need to kill them." Furthermore he said that "we came to defeat one enemy only to hand Europe over to a worse one."
    --Ron W

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank God that FDR died when he did. Only weeks later he was set to renege on his promises of statehood for Israel. Too, after the war, how much more damage would his policies do to the nation? Yet Truman messed up when he fired MacArthur and for the reason. I'm not much of a fan for Mac but he had the right mind to pulverize the Chicoms.

      But it turns out, General Bradley supported President Truman's decision. Here, read some of the previously redacted portions of General MacArthur's testimony before the Joint Chiefs:

      https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/redacted-testimony-fully-explains-why-general-macarthur-was-fired-180960622/

      Disclaimer: I learned long ago to be suspicious of the Smithsonian magazine. Too many of their articles contained a lot of misinformation. At least in subjects I know.

      Rick

      Delete
    2. Thanks.https://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2020/02/the-redacted-testimony-that-fully.html#comment-form

      Delete