Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Request: Attn: Prepper Pharmacists, Doctors, and Nurses - and attention antique store fans!


Strep is routinely sensitive to ampicillin and amoxicillin, second best is erythromycin (azithrro). Pneumonia is decently covered with azithromycin. Cipro is only good for gastrointestinal issues (and UTIs which are GI bugs). Sinus infections tend to be covered by trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole, although penicillins and cephalexin can work in some cases. Clindamycin is a next best, but has a higher rate of complications. 

Cephalexin is decent for some UTIs. 

Doxycycline is mostly for urethritis (think STD) or as anti inflammatory for acne/leprosy, etc.
Minocycline is mostly for acne or rosacea.

I'm not sure what the "correct" answer would be for this chart, and I'm quite certain that the answer has changed since that chart was printed (I know it has changed since I went to med school).

***********************


Please help me complete this matrix.  Please correlate the following antibiotics in the left column with the "common" conditions across the row on the top.  Please correlate with a "1" being the best option, "2" being the second, and "3" being the one to try when the others don't work.
Any common infections I'm missing that should be included?
I will compile and publish in a week or so.

More @ Red Pill Jew

2 comments:

  1. It is missing clarithromycin. It is an upper respiratory anti-biotic used for pneumonia, bronchitis, and infections of the ears, sinuses, skin and throat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the ones I can find w/o going to my doctor.

    ReplyDelete