Monday, April 6, 2020

9mm Micro Shootout – Sig P365 vs. Glock 43 vs. S&W Shield

 

EDITOR’S NOTE: When this article originally published the availability of the SIG P365 and Glock 43 were somewhat limited. Production has since ramped up and with some shopping, all three pistols can be readily found available. However, finding 9mm ammo might be difficult! Comment if you’d like a similar article done but including other pistols. Be sure and name what pistols you’d like to see included. Stay safe. 

*******************

SAS

**********************

Everyone at the Shot Show in January had to stop by and see the new Sig P365 Micro-compact pistol; it was the talk of the show. Sig had made the leap into the deep end of the pool to compete with the well-established pillars of the micro market, the Smith & Wesson Shield, and the Glock 43 9mms.  It certainly looked and felt good, and it held more bullets than its rival competitors, but looks are sometimes deceiving.


All three Micro-Compacts proved accurate for their size, these are more than point and shoot guns.

The true test is when you put a product side by side with its competitors and see how they stack up. So after a not so patient wait to get the newly popular P365 it’s time to get down to the range, scales and numbers to see how it does.

More @ Guns America

12 comments:

  1. Why wasn't a Kimber Micro 9 included? It is about the same size/specs/price and looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know but as the author stated, ask him to add it next time. I have the SAS. Do you have the Kimber?

      Delete
    2. It is on my wish list. Of the three black guns I liked the Sig best. I have shot the Kimber as well and like it more than the Sig. The Kimber is about #4 on my list. I am waiting for things to settle and I am planning on picking up a black 10mm and then a couple of 45's.

      Delete
    3. Thanks and I thought that maybe a reason it was not in the comparison is that it only has a 7 round mag, at least that is what I read. The SIG (SAS) comes with two 10 mags and a 12 and 15 are available. I ordered the 12 and if there is sufficient room in my pocket I will use the 15, if not maybe I'll use the 12 inside and the 15 as backup. What '45's are you going to get?

      Delete
    4. A Glock 38 and Glock 39. That will round out the family of 45GAP. I have a low serial number G37 I go when they first cam out and a FDE Gen 4. There are a lot of differences in the Gen3 vs. the Gen 4. The Gen 3 is beefier with a heavier barrel and slide besides the obvious other 3 to 4 differences. If you ever go GAP get an early Gen 3.

      Delete
  2. A really good pistol which is my EDC, is a Bersa. Mine is the Untra Compact model in .45 with a 7 rd mag. The Bersa is made in Argentina and are really good pistols, especially for the money. A friend of mine , who has owned, traded and sold many pistols, has had several of them and turned me on to them. Mine is a solid steel frame, hammer-fired and I carry it in a leather crossdraw holster which I ordered from www.craftholsters.com .
    --Ron W

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and looking at the pictures it appears to be much larger than the Sig though the 7 & 1 is tempting in .45. Wouldn't be a pocket carry though.

      Delete
    2. No, not a pocket gun, unless maybe when wearing a coat or heavy jacket. I've seen some coats or even vests with inside pockets for CC. But it's getting warm. But I like the crossdraw holster I have which conceals OK with an untucked short sleeve shirt. It's a good carry position for easy reach and pull sitting in a vehicle, especially if some car jacking perp walks up to try and relieve you of your ride.
      --Ron W

      Delete
    3. Thanks and the reason I have a pocket gun is that is the only way I will carry a weapon 100% of the time. :)I've wasted money on holsters for my Glock 21 and Glock 30.The 21 was stolen when I was in Mexico this year so I now have my 30 with 5 10 rounder and 3 13 rounders. :)

      Delete
  3. Brick, that is most unfortunate. I guess somebody in Me'ico has an undocumented Glock 21. I have one too, since I bought mine privately from a friend. --Ron W

    ReplyDelete