Sunday, July 12, 2020

Another Tribute to Ol' Remus

 


From the comments:

A great loss indeed. But I choose to give thanks to God that Ol Remus lived. I am the better for having read his blog over the years. I have discovered new items of interest. I am in awe of his command of the English language and his ability to turn a phrase.

Thank-you Ol Remus. I consider it a high honor to have been a reader of your blog.
I humbly submit this poem as a tribute to Ol Remus. I think he would approve of it.

When Earth’s Last Picture Is Painted

When Earth’s last picture is painted and the tubes are twisted and dried,
When the oldest colours have faded, and the youngest critic has died,
We shall rest, and, faith, we shall need it-lie down for an aeon or two,
Till the Master of All Good Workman shall put us to work anew.

And those who were good shall be happy: they shall sit in a golden chair;
They shall splash at a ten-league canvas with brushes of comet’s hair.

They shall find real saints to draw from-Magdalene, Peter, and Paul;
They shall work for an age at a sitting and never be tired at all!

And only The Master shall praise us; and only The Master shall blame;
And no one shall work for money, and no one shall work for fame,
But each for the joy for the working, and each in his separate star,
Shall draw the Thing as he sees I for the God of Things as They are!
 
~~Rudyard Kipling-

6 comments:

  1. Truly, a host of folks including myself will greatly miss his wit and wisdom. He was given to us for a time and now we are left to remember,and hopefully, to profit from his work. Thanks Remus. RIP.
    Bryan+

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how someone you never actually met can be part of your life. I’ll raise a cup of tea to him in the morning.
    TeresaSue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. & raise another for me, please. :)

      Delete
    2. Of course I will! You are just like family Brock, for heavens sake!
      ❤️ TeresaSue

      Delete