Saturday, December 26, 2020

The Ethical Honorable Canadian take regarding American History and Confederate Propaganda, the Five Year Project


When I publicly spoke out in favor of the Confederate flag in 2015 I realized it would be a lengthy bit of civil advocacy as opposed to a single event. I spoke with my father before undertaking the project. I knew I could be painted as the devil by the time my advocacy project was concluded, but felt the topic was best covered by a person with broad shoulders capable of absorbing numerous amounts of confrontations and/or attacks. I was nervous when I started and didn't want to be perceived as a Canadian idiot nor a racist bringing further negativity to the Confederate flag. The hate propaganda associated with the flag often targets any person that speaks up as racist whether it is a fact or not. My political concerns from five years ago have indeed become a reality here in Canada. As the propaganda and irrational logic in the Southern United States currently destroys as many Southern Civil War Monuments as possible, Canada has fully developed the same shaming politics and questioning of our country's history here. Canada has begun the process of shaming a Christian history at protests and ripping down historical monuments under a premise of political correctness. 

More @ South Ask Southerner

No comments:

Post a Comment