Sunday, March 14, 2021

‘Tell Me Again, Why Is Showing A Voter I.D. Voter Suppression’: Burgess Owens Slams Critics Of Voter I.D. Laws

 Former NFL player Burgess Owens testifies during a hearing on slavery reparations held by the House Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights and Civil Liberties on June 19, 2019 in Washington, DC.

"Racism in the old days hid behind white hoods. Now it hides behind fake profile pictures and fake names on Twitter espousing ‘woke’ ideals.”

 On Thursday, Rep. Burgess Owens (R-UT) directly confronted a critic who accused him of “bias” because he opposed two gun-control bills while approving of requiring voters to show an I.D. in order to vote. Owens fired back, “You know what’s racist? Assuming because I’m black that ‘I just don’t have the capability of getting an I-D.’ Disclaimer: We are capable of getting and I-D (and even using the internet!)”

More @ The Daily Wire

2 comments:

  1. The word 'racism' is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything - and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist.'

    Thomas Sowell

    ReplyDelete